How to Sew Your Hair
The Tail of the Perfect Bun
- Know Your Needs-- Bun rat (doughnut), Hair Net(s) match your hair color, Hair Gel, Hair Spray,
Nylon Thread, Plastic Embroidery Needle, Scissors.
- Gel your hair! Make it goopy!
- Make a ponytail up on the back of your head. (Keep it smooth)
- Place your ponytail inside the center of the Bun Rat (or doughnut)
- Throw your hair over the doughnut and wrap it around, keep it smooth, tuck it under the doughnut
until all the hair is covering the doughnut. Use the end of a comb to help you tuck.
- Wrap the hair net around the bun 2 or even 3 times. Hold in place.
- Sew the net to your hair tightly with the nylon thread (or fishing line). Leave a tail at the
beginning and at the end and tie a knot. Leave the tail (4 inches or so) hanging. Spray hair completely with hair spray.
- Put on the scrunchie and tie the tail ends around the scrunchie so it does NOT fall off. Snip off extra
thread and tuck it under the bun.